Saturday 11 January 2014

Tuscon Day 1


Let me tell you how nice it was to wake up and see bright sunshine. First it was a little cool, then it wasn't cool, then it was nice and warm. I was sweating at one point, in a short sleeve jersey and bibs. The weather we're having is supposedly extra good this week, but I will take that luck card for absolute sure.

Not much to say about the riding yet just a super mellow roll around for a couple of hours to shake out the snot in my head, get rid of airplane legs, and chat with the other people here. I was either gawking at scenery or talking to other people so I have no idea where we were, but it was a nice ride. Mostly flat, pretty wide open roads. The roads are arrow straight, which is strange. We went through one intersection and the road we crossed, I'd swear it was dead straight for the 10 miles that I could see.

The Cycling House is fantastic, the guys running it are super into it and do a great job, the food is mack, and the house is great. More to come on this.

No comments: