Thursday 10 October 2013

How's Your Training?



Recreational insomnia, it's what's for dinner. I've been clocking a solid 5 or so hours a night for a while, and let me tell you, I feel GREAT! SUPER! NEVER BETTER!

There's a lot going on in my world, but this is a situation that's totally out of line with the amount of stress that I'm actually under. Stress level is about at Defcon 3, but sleeplessness is at Defcon 5. For a while, I could deal with it, but then I just started getting slower and slower, my ability to train like I usually can went out the door, and the downward spiral started to spin. I didn't do particularly badly at Winchester (and by Winchester, I mean Hyattsville), it was just frustrating as shit not to be able to ever go as fast as I wanted. Competition wrung out of me what I on my own could not do, but after an hour of prancing around frustratingly below what I feel like I should be able to do yet hurtfully above my current level, I'm wasted for days on end.

So until I get this thing sorted out (herbal mixes, incantations, chicken bones - I'm throwing the lot right at it), I'm just hitting pause on the season. We'll see how that goes.

And, yes, I beat my number last weekend.

No comments: