Friday 22 June 2012

No Granogue

Fatmarcand his team just announced that they're taking a hiatus from running the Granogue cross weekend this year. Yes, it's a weekend, not a race. In the however many years it's been running, it's become an institution and a weekend by which many people judge their seasons. A great result at Granogue kicks your season off in a really good direction at the very least. On the other hand, the comedy of errors that I experienced last year with it being my second race and being WAY over my head in open masters was valuable in its own way. My saddle tried to turn me into its war bride, I fended off the onslaught of getting lapped for far longer than I thought I would.


I'm not really going to miss this runup a whole lot, though.



So really not much to say other than thank you to the people who made Granogue into the event that it is, that will be sorely missed by a lot of people.


There's still a lot of cross to be raced this year, though.

I think I figured out the paragraph break thing. It wanted me to use html instead of "enter." I know almost no html.

No comments: