Sunday 2 October 2011

Apples

Today, for the first time since July (I think - depending on when the Fair Hill mtb race was), I raced bikes.

I had a ball.

It being my first cx race, my goal was simple - that no one with a higher number than mine should beat me. But for one guy (some psycho went from 67th on the grid to 5th or something), I accomplished this. My kill total was 30 something. I was pleased.

The day was a lot of fun. Some people have REALLY fast cx bikes. I like ours a lot. Like a ton. Since I didn't have any practice to speak of except for 90' yesterday, I made myself not go too hard since I don't want to get into a bunch of bad habits. Me cross-eyed = bad habits. Except for being The Worst Out Of Everyone All Day at getting back on my bike (a product of a traumatic first go round yesterday), It wasn't bad on that score.

Cross makes your hands get real tired. Weird.

Our household laundry detergent bill became a serious consideration this weekend. Mud Everywhere.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Congratulations. It's hella fun, ain't it?