Monday 28 April 2008

Lamont, You Big Dummy

So my bastard team mates went to the Cat 4 race at Ephrata and just crushed it. 3 of them in the top ten on each stage and 3 of the top 5 overall. We're going to have to have a little chat about them going to and doing really well at all of these races that I can't go to. They said there was an Australian guy there who was psychotic fast, he just rode off the front of the road race (stage 1) and stayed away.

DW and I went for a rather spirited ride out to Poolesville yesterday. It was a lot more steady of an effort than last week, just plowing along at tempo pace with a few extended bouts of threshold. It's really an interesting course on which a lot of different strategies might work brilliantly or fail miserably.

Amazingly, the slight head and chest cold I woke up with yesterday was not improved by yesterday's efforts and now I have a full blown chest cold. I haven't so much as sneezed in about a year but now have a cold the week before my favorite race. Super.

1 comment:

fabsroman said...

Poolesville was my first race last year after being out of it for 18+ years. I hated it, and thought that if all the races were like that I was going to quit again.

A couple teammates and I rode the course yesterday, and the plus is that there isn't quite as much gravel on the 1.4 mile section as last year. The bad news is that there are a lot more, and I mean A LOT more, potholes compared to last year. This is one race I am actually glad I am suspended for. Me, I'll be in Tampa, FL training while you guys race it. Looking forward to your race report afterward.

I'm going to pass on it next year, and the year after that, and the year after that.