Wednesday 23 April 2008

If A Tree Falls In The Forest...

It sucks when you go to a race and they don't score you. I know it was rainy and hard to see. I know that I also finished on the far right side, away from the camera. But I also know that I rode the race and finished it reasonably well. Not great, nothing to write home about, but reasonably well. Hell, you can plainly see me in Kyle's video, finishing next to a team mate who I think got scored 10th. It's not something that really kills me, it would just be a whole lot cooler if it hadn't happened.

My old best ever one minute record just took a major ass-whooping. I like this part of the training season because you get to go really hard, do really hard workouts, and keep moving the bar on how much you can suffer. The key is of course picking the right time in the race to really raise the hurt flag and going and hitting it.

5 comments:

Kyle Jones said...

If it makes you feel any better they gave my team mate a top twenty placing and he did not even show up.

Anonymous said...

Results? What results? I can't believe how poorly race results are posted in the MABRA region. Look on bikereg.com and all the New England race results are posted by Monday evening.

1km2go said...

where did you see the results?

Chuck Wagon said...

there was an email to the mabra list. they did have a tornado remnant roll through during the 1-2-3 race and have my sympathy on that.

Fatguy Racer said...

I got 10th (cat 4) and I pulled out after 3 to go. My teamate who did finish wasn't scored at all.