Tuesday 16 March 2010

Requiem For G

The BS is getting so freaking thick among the Beltway bunch it's ridiculous, and G is the latest (but certainly not the last) casualty. In the race to be folksier than thou, there is no higher crime than actually enunciating the "g" in any "ing." As in, "we're rollin' up our sleeves and gettin' down to work, tryin' to pass some good legislation for all those hard workin' families out there." I. Freaking. Hate. That. Shit. I literally seethe when I pass by a Cracker Barrel billboard - "Good Country Cookin'!" UGGH! I blame Sarah Palin for startin' it, our President for pickin' right up on it, and it's spreadin' like a virus. I say again - UGGH!

Speaking of G, Goon Ride started tonight. DJ Brew is goinG to be wicked fast this year. You know, because he was such a slug last year.

People are gettinG all riled up for this weekend and the start of the Cat 3 Cup. Game on.

2 comments:

Jim said...

The Cracker Barrel? Ain't no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.

You can thank me now, for that authentic frontier gibberish.

Chuck Wagon said...

I'm glad the children were here to hear that. Thank you, Gebby!