Friday 3 October 2008

No Other Way To Say It - Freaking Sweet

Okay, so I got my teeth crunched in on my market call yesterday, which is why you never time the market. You can talk about it all you like, but you don't do it. Your read is as good as mine, but I think Senator Reid might have spooked the cattle with his "if we don't do something hundreds of large companies are going to fold tonight" statement. In a world of no one thinking they have good info, someone acting like he does have good info will make all the people who know they don't have good info themselves act on that info. It's the world of known knowns, known unknowns, unknown knowns and unknown unknowns. Personally, I think most of it is unknown unknowns, also known as surprises.

Now for the good news.

A couple of weeks ago I alluded to an idea that I'd had and presented to the only partner who could get it done. After I'd presented it and heard a preliminary "yeah, sounds neat," they went radio silent for a while. I knew they had a big thing going on in Vegas which was taking up all of their time, so it didn't freak me out. The thing is Vegas is over so I got back in touch with a "hey, just wanted to check in and see if anything had happened." Ten minutes later, I get back a "yeah, we really, really like this idea, just have to shop it around to various departments because it pulls from basically every function in our company, we'll let you know what's up in about a week."

So it sounds like this has a very good to excellent chance of moving forward, which makes me just so freaking psyched I can't tell you.

I can't say really anything about it, but since both of you loyal readers will no doubt want to be a part of this thing when it happens, I will give some few hints. Take Pete Cannell's approach to workouts very seriously, and power yourself up with some good, wholesome hearty Mexican food. The whole affair will keep the Cat 4 blogs buzzing for a while, and So Faux Pro might even get some good material out of it. It's about time for those guys.

If this freaking thing actually happens I might just go ahead and crap myself.

No comments: