Friday 26 September 2008

Pogo Stick D'Amour

There's a machine at the gym that I call the mountain on a stick. It has two foot pegs and two hand grips, and you go on it like you are scaling a mountain. The thing is a killer, a virtual monster. There's also this new thing that is a sort of cross between a stair climber and ice skating. When you do it right, it looks like you are skating. The thing was demolishing me and pissing me off until I realized that the resistance level from 1-25 meant 25 was the easiest. I was on level 3. It was hard. Not such an enormous fan of machines or the gym in general, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

Riding inside blows, there's just no way around it. I'm doing the absolute minimum of riding inside until it gets to the point in the year where it's important to do a lot of specific bike training. Ride outside on the weekends.

Think about all of the ways in which having no access to credit would change the way you do things. Now apply that to the economy as a whole. Fooked up, huh?

If you plan to go to Ed Sander, you have about 2 hours left to register. Buy a raffle ticket.

No comments: