Sunday 7 September 2008

A Flamenco Photo Essay

There was a traffic jam on the Cap Crescent this morning. It's gotten to the point where even the little bit of that thing that I use, between River and MacArthur, is untenable.

Anyway, it was a great day for a ride. Riding has become easier each week over the last month. Going up hills still stinks. A little while ago a non-riding friend asked if it hurt to ride up hills in my present condition. I said that, no, it doesn't hurt, but trying to go hard up a hill is kind of like approaching a closed door, behind which you hear some low growling and you just have this overarching sense of menace, so you don't even touch the door handle. But it's still a lot better now than it was not too long ago.


Travilah Road in Potomac.


Glen Road. I'm going the opposite the way that the 10am ride goes. A good friend is a small speck coming at me in this shot.


I love this house. It's at the bottom of South Glen. You'd get to see a lot of wrecks from the 10am ride if you lived here - the bridge is just out your front door.


Great Falls Hill. I tried really hard to get under 3:45 going up this sucker earlier this year. Now it takes about 5:00. C'est la vie.

No comments: